Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Daddy's Lap

After a month of discovering how to lay my pride by my side, and crawl into my Daddy's lap, I have discovered the answer to one daunting question. Let's first quickly recap.

About a month ago through the initiation of some respected adults in our church I finally saw the one thing that prevented me from accepting the love of my True Daddy; perfection. I developed a perverted view of myself and what I ought to be. I thought myself unworthy, and unacceptable of God's love; you see I began to feel as if I had to earn it. His response told me that I was indeed unworthy, unacceptable, and even undeserving of His love, but because He first loved me and desired that I walk with Him and love Him too He sent His son to die for me. What a personal love my Daddy wants to show me!

The Q&A on my journey was revealed to me last Friday night, again, at the Anding's house through none other than my Pastor. (He won't ever know unless he decides to read this.) He put it this way; "What does God want from me? God wants our heart."

With it being as simple as that to walk with Him in grace. Romans 6:14 says, "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." I am choosing not to bondage myself in laws of perfection and regulation. My Daddy advised against it!

We are set free, therefore, I say we act like it. Which is why I was blessed to attend camp with the kids of Cross Timbers at Dry Gulch, USA. I loved it. Absolutely nothing beats looking across that auditorium and seeing young kids lift their hands in praise and know exactly what they are doing! What an inspiration and a blessing to witness.
It is also why one of my Youth Leaders, Mark Ford, was boxed in an attacked a swarm of youth with water balloons immediately after youth last Sunday night.
Indeed, we are privileged to live a life of truth and freedom. God has set us free, and we are 'free indeed'. Let us make the most of each moment. Especially since this summer is starting to just slip through my fingers and there is absolutely no stopping it.
~Walk in Grace~

No comments:

Post a Comment